Over the years, many 'greats' of Irish Theatre 'trod the boards' with the Shakes including, Milo O'Shea, T.P. Mc Kenna, George Green, Donal McCann, Jim Norton, Betty Ann Norton, Maire O'Neill, Mike Murphy, Patrick Drury, Brenda Fricker, Gabriel Byrne, Liam Cunningham and many others who went on to make their mark in the professional theatre, or in the entertainment industry.
- Become eligible to audition for and participate in productions.
- Access a regular e-newsletter with notice of all Society events.
- Receive special offers and advance notice of ticket sales to Dublin Shakespeare Society events.
- The Dublin Shakespeare Society remains a volunteer-run organisation which is funded by membership fees. These fees cover the cost of rehearsal space, insurance and operating costs for both productions and the Society itself.
How to Become a Member
To join the Dublin Shakespeare Society:
- Fill out an online membership application or complete a postal application by downloading and printing a copy of the form and posting it to us.
- Once your application has been approved, your annual membership fee will be due.
- Payment can be sent by post using a cheque or postal order, or cash payments can be made in person at your first meeting.
- Postal applications should be sent to the Membership Secretary:
Dublin Shakespeare Society,
c/o The Teachers’ Club,
36 Parnell Square West,
Membership is on an annual basis. The year for annual subscriptions runs from the first day of January to the last day of December in a calendar year.
Any cheques should be made payable to “Dublin Shakespeare Society”.
For electronic funds transfer please contact the Treasurer at treasurer(at)dublinshakespearesociety.ie
Questions about membership? Please email us at membership(at)dublinshakespearesociety.ie