Much of the history of the Dublin Shakespeare Society was prepared by Val O’Donnell, a member of the Dublin Shakespeare Society, in connection with the Society’s centenary year.
The following sources were used in compiling it.
- No Great Shakes? 1907-1982, by Myles Dungan (1982)
- The Dublin Shakespeare Society – Dead Again?, by Eileen Sheridan (May 1983)
- The ‘Shakes’, by Seamus Hosey; article in Theatre Ireland/5, January 1984
- Records of productions presented by the Society
- Recollections of members of the Society.